Wednesday, May 18, 2011

fire.







Monday 12th July 2010

Dear reader

I have this fire in my heart.

Hot. Boiling. Beautiful.
It started many years ago. I was seven.
I remember it clearly, standing on my bed, hands clasped together,
my mom’s arms wrapped around me as I repeated life-changing words I didn’t fully understand.
Dormant embers
began
to
warm.

I grew older, I moved, I changed, I discovered, I lost, I sought, I ran, I fought, I laughed,
I tried, I hid, I cried.
He never let go.

Grade 8. The embers flickered.
Briefly.
Momentarily.
Soflty.

2003. The year I surrendered.
Smoke began to rise.
A change.
Joy.
Freedom.
The only One.
A flame began.
Light.
Bright.
Evident.

2004. 2005. 2006. I obeyed. I trained. I stood. I fell… In love.
I moved with every motion he whispered. I danced to every step he led. I questioned. He answered. I hungered. He fed me. He spoke. My mouth moved in unison. His words became my own.
His heart within me grew.
The flame
became
a
burning
fire.

2007. 2008. 2009. I tasted. I saw. He fulfilled. He revealed himself.
I climbed. He paved the way. I grew weary. He held me.
I fell. He picked me up. I dreamt. He blew my mind. I knocked.
He opened doors.
I felt further than the moon.
He came closer than my skin.
The fire
became
a
fierce
furnace.

2010. I have this fire in my heart.
It keeps growing deep within. Intense. Unstoppable.
How can I explain?
I need the world to know.
My Saviour.
His love.
His Death.
His Resurrection.
His Life.
My Heart.
Red.
Hot.
 Fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment