a life less ordinary...
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
How to be an explorer of the world:
1) Always be looking. (notice the ground beneath your feet)
2) Consider everything alive and animate.
3) Everything is interesting (look closer).
4) Alter your course often.
5) Observe for long durations (and short ones).
6) Notice the stories going on around you.
7) Notice patterns. Make connections.
8) Document your findings (field notes) in a variety of ways.
9) Incorporate indetermininancy.
10) Observe movement.
11) Create a personal dialogue with your environment. Talk to it.
12) Trace things back to their origins.
13) Use all of the sense in your investigations.
Faye Mc Clean
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)